Look at the picture on the cake below. Very funny and tempting us to immediately taste it.
Yes, this is a Rainbow Cake push-ups.
Rainbow Cake Push-ups Ingredients
- Tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberry jam
- Rainbow sprinkles for the tops
- Food colourings of your choice
- 3 medium eggs
- 10g cornflour
- 30ml milk
- 140 self raising flour
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
For the buttercream:
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 60ml of milk
- 110g butter
- 500g of icing sugar
You will also need:
- Cake push up containers (Victoria got hers from the Cakedecoratingcompany.co.uk)
- 3 x 12-hole cupcake tin (or you can make 3 batches of cakes with 1 12-hole tin)
Rainbow Cake Push-ups Photos Gallery
Rainbow Cake Push-ups Directions
- First, preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease your cupcake tin(s).
- Beat the sugar and butter with the vanilla essence until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Then, add 1 egg, 1/3 of the flour and a splash of milk and beat until just combine. Repeat until all these ingredients are combined.
- Divide the batter into portions in the holes of your cupcake tin, then colour each a different colour.
- Put 2 tsp of the batter in each hole in the tin. You will need 6 portions of each colour, so you may need to bake the cake portions in 3 batches, depending on how many cupcake tins you have.
- Next, bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until cake is springy to the touch, remove and cool in the tray for a few minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- Make the buttercream by adding all the ingredients together and beating for 5 minutes with an electric mixer on a medium speed.
- When the cake is cool, use a circle cutter the same width as the push up to cut the coloured sponge to the same size as the push up.
- Sandwich the different coloured sponges with a touch of jam and buttercream until you have all 6 colours stacked. Don’t put too much buttercream in as it will smear the push up when you put them in.
- When you have a stack of 6, assemble a push up and with the stack on the work surface push the tube down over the stack until it is all in the tube. Push the cake down slightly so it pushes the buttercream to the edge of the cake.
- And add some buttercream and rainbow sprinkles to the tops and pop the lid on.
Rainbow Cake Push-ups Video
Cooking time (duration):55 Mins
Try to make it and enjoy the delights of the Rainbow Cake push-ups.