These pumpkin cupcakes with maple syrup icing naughty. Quite easy to make.
This is the Pumpkin cupcakes with maple icing recipe.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Icing Ingredients
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Orange sprinkles (available from larger supermarkets)
- 2 medium eggs
- 30g cornflour
- 60g unsalted butter
- 140g self-raising flour
- 175g light brown sugar
- 200g pumpkin or butternut squash, de-seeded, peeled and diced into 2in cubes
For the icing
- 40g unsalted butter
- 85g maple syrup
- 100g icing sugar
- 170g mascarpone cheese
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Icing Photos Gallery
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Icing Directions
- First, preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and line a 12-hole deep muffin tin tray with cupcake cases.
- Add the peeled pumpkin or butternut squash to a saucepan pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. Drain and puree in a blender before setting to one side to cool.
- Then, cream the sugar, butter and eggs until light and fluffy, with an electric mixer, then add the spices and mix again. Add the cooled and pureed pumpkin or butternut and mix again. Sieve the flours together and fold into the mix with a large metal spoon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake cases cases to 2/3 full each and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Next, to make the icing put all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat for about 5 minutes with an electric mixer. This icing will not be firm enough to pipe as it is very soft, so spread on the tops of the cupcakes using a spatula or palette knife and cover with sprinkles. Don’t be tempted to add more icing sugar, unless you have a very sweet tooth!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Icing Video
Cooking time (duration):50 Mins
Pumpkin cupcakes with maple icing is perfect for Thanksgiving.