Now, I will share Melting moments recipes. This cake is very tasty and easy to make.
To make it takes 40 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes for cooking.
Melting Moments Ingredients
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red food colouring (the gel type works best)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 60g icing sugar, sifted
- 60g cornflour
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g plain flour
For the filling
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, or less to taste
- about 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 125ml full-fat or semi skimmed milk
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
You will also need:
- 2 baking sheets, lined with baking paper; a piping bag fitted with a star tube
Melting Moments Photos Gallery
Melting Moments Directions
- First, using a wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat the butter with the icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Then, add the vanilla and beat for a few seconds. Sift the flour and cornflour together into the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Next, paint a straight line of red food colouring on the inside of the piping bag, from the tube to the opening of the bag. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the piping bag.
- Pipe into 32 swirls on the baking sheet. Each swirl should be about 5cm across and 2.5cm high. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Bake the biscuits for about 12 minutes or until they are pale golden. Leave for a few minutes on the baking sheet to set slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the filling, heat the milk with the flour in a small pan, whisking constantly until the mixture boils and thickens. Whisk over very low heat for a minute to cook out the taste of the flour, then pour the mixture onto a plate. Cover closely with clingfilm to prevent a skin from forming and leave until completely cold.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until very pale and fluffy – about 10 minutes by hand or 4 minutes with an electric mixer. Add the thickened milk mixture and beat until light, creamy and almost white. Add the vanilla.
- To assemble, spread a little jam on the bases of half the biscuits. Pipe small swirls of the filling onto the bases of the remaining biscuits and sandwich pairs together. Lightly dust with icing sugar.
Melting Moments Video
Already, it’s time you make Melting Moments. Happy Cooking