Enjoy a fabulous meringue macadamia nuts, topped with creme fraiche and summer fruit drizzled with a fruit liquor. Like the recipes that I will share this time.
This is the Macadamia pavlova recipe.
Macadamia Pavlova Ingredients
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps white wine vinegar
- 4 medium egg whites
- 60g (2oz) macadamia nuts
- 250g (8oz) golden caster sugar
For the filling:
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 20cm (8in) deep, loose-based flan tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- 200g (7oz) cherries, halved and stones removed
- 200g pot half-fat crème fraîche
- 284ml carton double cream
- 300g (10oz) strawberries, hulled and halved
Macadamia Pavlova Photos Gallery
Macadamia Pavlova Directions
- First, set the oven to Gas Mark 1 or 140ºC. Put the egg whites into a clean, grease-free bowl and whisk, with an electric mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- Continue to whisk, adding the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is stiff and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, then whisk together to combine.
- Then, spoon one-third of the meringue mixture into the tin and spread over the base. Sprinkle most of the nuts over. Spoon the rest of the meringue around the sides and sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- And bake for 1¼ hours, or until firm around the edges and slightly soft in the centre. Cool.
- To make the filling: Whip the double cream to soft peaks, then stir in the crème fraîche, vanilla and sugar.
- Take the pavlova out of the tin, carefully peel away the baking parchment and put ot on to a serving plate. Spoon in the cream, top with the strawberries and cherries and drizzle with the liqueur. Serve within 2 hours.
Macadamia Pavlova Video
Cooking time (duration):2 Hrs
Serve Macadamia pavlova as a gift this weekend