Espresso chocolate cheesecake is a rich milk-free chocolate cheesecake with an additional kick to boost coffee after dinner.
It took 15 minutes to prepare and 55 minutes to cook.
Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1 piece stem ginger, finely chopped and
- 2½tbsp cornflour
- 4tbsp of stem ginger syrup (from the jar)
- 6-8tsp instant coffee, dissolved in a little hot water (optional)
- 40g vegetable margarine, melted
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 150g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 200g of 75% cocoa dark chocolate
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 750g plain soya yogurt (measure out into 500g and 250g)
You’ll also need:
- An 18cm cake tin, lightly oiled and lined with baking parchment
Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Photos Gallery
Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Directions
- First, preheat the oven temperature to 190ºC/ 375ºF/gas mark 5.
- Then, mix biscuit crumbs with the melted margarine and press evenly into the cake tin. Bake for 20 mins. Remove the tin and allow to cool.
- Next, place chocolate in bowl and place over a small pan of boiling water. Allow to melt slowly.
- Using a fork, whisk the cornflour into 500g of the soya yogurt in a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar, melted chocolate, half the coffee (if using) and 2tbsp ginger syrup. Mix well.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170ºC/ 325ºF/gas mark 3. Pour the mixture into the tin over the biscuit base and bake for 35-40 mins or until just firm.
- After that, make the coffee or ginger ‘crème’ to go on top of the cheesecake by beating the remaining 3-4tsp coffee with the chopped stem ginger, the remaining 2tbsp ginger syrup and 250g soya yoghurt.
- Allow cheesecake to cool then slice and serve immediately with a generous dollop of the coffee or ginger ‘crème’ and a few raspberries.
Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Video
Cooking time (duration):1 Hr 10 Mins
Now, try to practice Espresso chocolate cheesecake recipe.