Have you ever eaten or processed duck meat? It was equally delicious with chicken. Let us try to learn to try to cook duck, I’ll share the recipe today.
Here is how to make Duck with Pomegranate Chestnut Sauce.
Duck with Pomegranate Chestnut Sauce Ingredients
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and squashed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 4 duck breasts, skin scored, rubbed with salt
- 100g (3½oz) pomegranate seeds, from 1 pomegranate
- 100g (3½oz) peeled, cooked chestnuts (half a pack)
- 200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock
Duck with Pomegranate Chestnut Sauce Photos Gallery
Duck with Pomegranate Chestnut Sauce Directions
- Firstly, set the oven Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Put a roasting tin in the oven to heat up. Heat a frying pan, add the duck, skin-side down, and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes to colour the skin dark brown. Put meat in the hot tin, skin-side up, add garlic and thyme, and spoon in 2 tablespoons of the hot duck fat. Pour rest of fat into a small pot and set aside.
- Then, cook the duck breasts for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes while you make the sauce.
- Next, heat a frying pan containing the fat and juices from the roasting tin. Add the onion and the crushed, roasted garlic and cook for 10 minutes, until browning. Add chestnuts, then sherry and stock. Bring to the boil and reduce for about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Season.
- Lastly, slice the meat thinly and divide between 4 hot plates, serving with roasted wedges of butternut squash or sweet potato and fine green beans. Reheat the sauce, add the pomegranate seeds, then spoon over the duck.
Duck with Pomegranate Chestnut Sauce Video
Cooking time (duration): 55 Minutes
Serve Duck with Pomegranate Duck Chestnut Sauce for a delicious alternative to traditional Christmas dinner.