Soon we will begin to welcome the new year. And I will share a New Year cupcakes recipe.
Topped with light vanilla frosting and sprinkled with gold decorations.
New Year Cupcakes Ingredients
- Gold chocolate curls (Victoria got hers from cupcakestyle.co.uk)
- Edible gold stars from here: (Victoria got hers from cupcakestyle.co.uk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 10g cornflour
- 30ml milk
- 140 self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g butter
For the buttercream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g plain flour
- 110g vegetable fat such as Trex
- 110g unsalted butter
- 220g caster sugar
- 240ml milk
You will also need:
- Piping bag
- Wilton 1M nozzle
- 12 black cupcake cases
New Year Cupcakes Photos Gallery
New Year Cupcakes Directions
- First, preheat your oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Then, line the baking tray with cases. Beat the sugar, butter and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Next, add 1 egg, 1/3 of the flour and a splash of milk and beat until just combined. Repeat until all the ingredients are combined. Divide the batter between the 12 cases (use an ice cream scoop to get even amounts) and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. Remove and cool in the tins for 10 minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the cakes are cool add a Wilton 1M nozzle to a large piping bag and place it in a large glass (pint glasses or picnic tall glasses are great).
- Then, pull the bag down around the glass and fill the bag by pushing the buttercream down into the bag as you fill. Then lift the bag up from around the glass and, from where the buttercream stops, push all the air up out of the bag and twist the bag right at the top of the buttercream. Hold the twist between your thumb and forefinger, apply pressure and pipe using your other hand as a guide.
- To pipe a swirl, apply pressure to the top of the bag and, starting in the middle of the cake, first pipe a star by squeezing a star shape then releasing the pressure and pulling up quickly. Then, start at the outside edge of the paper case and, using this as a guide, pipe around the star and build up into a swirl. When you reach the end of the swirl press down slightly, release the pressure and pull up quickly
- After you have piped a cupcake, twist the bag again so the twist is always at the top of the buttercream.
- Sprinkle the gold chocolate curls and stars over each cake.
New Year Cupcakes Video
Cooking time (duration):50 Mins
New Year cupcakes will be the perfect finishing touch to your party.